Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I went to the witch-doctor

It seems I am losing my powers to keep my women, so I went to the witch-doctor for advice.

He said, " When a wife wishes to be preferred above all the other wives she comes to me and I give her ekulo. This she mixes with the food of her husband, and from that time on he cannot resist her and she becomes his favourite wife and is mistress of all the others."

I then asked if any of my wives had visited him and he seemed reluctant to answer. I pressed him and said "I am Ingwenyama!"

He then told the truth.

"Yes, oh great one. All sixteen of your wives have visited me and for a lofty price I have given them ekulo."

"But how can this be?" I questioned. "I do not favour any one wife over the others. They are all the same once you lift their skirts."

He looked at me solemnly then said "My ekulo is powerful, but perhaps it is not you, Ingwenyama, whom they use my potion upon?"


No comments: